Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wanna Trade?

I am not sure if you have been noticing or not, but the south is in a HEAT WAVE. It is only June and the temps are steadily in the upper 90s and 100s. You heard me right. 100s. Now, I have been hearing that back home in MN there are a few nice days, a random hot day, then more rain.


CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME RAIN?!


It has rained once, ONCE, since February. ONCE! (And the time it did rain, it was only like an inch and barely made a dent).


The City of San Anotonio is currently in a Stage 2 Drought, VERY close to Stage 3. What does that mean? It means people have limited times to water their lawn, and on certain days only. Stage 3 they can only do it every other week. Hotels and other lodging places have the "clean sheets only upon request" and in Stage 3 they clean the sheets every 3rd day unless for health reasons (scary! we keep clean sheets. You can stay with us ;) Water fountains must be shut off. Golf courses have to submit a water conservation plan. You can only wash your cars on alloted days, or go to a car wash. Just different things like that. I can honeslty say I have never lived through a drought, so this is interesting. The grass is pretty much brown, despite watering efforts.


So, with this upcoming forcast, I think I will be parking it at my friends pool and/or staying inside this weekend!



So, Wanna Trade? I'll take the rain, you take the sun and heat. Deal?



No comments:

Post a Comment