Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daytona

While in FL we scheduled some time for fun days. On Thursday, the day after vball was over, we drove the hour to Daytona Beach. It had super white fine sand, clear water, and it was the perfect temp! It was pretty windy, so the waves were excellent. I should have brought my boogie board with! haha. And have you ever drove your vehicle on the beach? For a small $5 fee would could do that, as we can in Tx. I love doing it...it's so much fun!

Ashley and I enjoyed jumping waves, well more so haveing the waves knock us down. We had fun nonetheless. Dad enjoyed a nap under the umbrella with mom while Ashley and I soaked up the sun and played in the sand.


After we had enough salty water and sand everywhere we checked out the Daytona Speedway. It is the infamous spot where Dale Earnhardt died in the fatal crash 10 years ago. Can you believe it? 10 years already!






Above: Dale Earnhardt standing on his number, 3. He still holds the record for the most wins at Daytona, 34. They had all his winnings engraved in the cement with dates, as well as a replica of his gloves.



Right: The founders of Nascar, Bill France Sr. (William France Sr.) and his wife. Founded in 1947-48, and its headquarters are located there at Daytona to date.

It was a fun and relaxing day at the beach!



Next: Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment