Growing up Kyle was always getting a "life lesson" from his dad. Last night, he got a life lesson, with no dad around, and without wanting one.
The first softball game of the season was last night, so Kyle and I left a little early to head out and meet some friends for some pre-game socializing. I followed Kyle out the door, and as I was closing the door he turns around with this blank stare on his face as he said "wait a minute." Instantly I knew he forgot his keys.
Randomly I will grab my keys if Kyle is driving, for no particular reason, but of course I did not do that this time. Then Kyle mentioned the spare key we had for the house. I was like, Great! But, as luck would have it, Kyle had the key at home, INSIDE the house. He hadn't gotten aroudn to putting it outside since the key was made. Weeks ago.
So after I took Kyle and Jason to the softball field (I had a spare set of keys for my car in my purse) I drove back to the house to meet the locksmith.
Let's just say after the door was open, I put the spare key OUTSIDE and grabbed BOTH sets of keys before heading back to the softball feild. I was gratefull it was a nice 60ยบ night - perfect for watching softball.
Life Lesson: Always make a spare key and put it somewhere other than inside the house -- right away :)
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment