Monday, March 28, 2011

Dining A La Fresca

It's that time of year. The time when it is wonderful weather, usually in the 70s-80s. Not too hot, not too cold. You can start to feel the humidty coming, but it is still under control. So, that being said, the grill has been out in full motion. We grilled beer-can chicken the other night, and it turned out amazing. I have perfected shrimp, and love kabobs. And of course, hamburgers and steaks. We even got creative...instead of cheese on TOP of the burger, we tried it INSIDE! Anyways, the grill has been awesome and the weather has been even better, so why not enjoy the grilled food outside?!

So the search began for patio furniture. Do you know how expensive it is!? Even though I work at a furniture store, I was not ready to fork out thousands for a patio set. Yes, you heard me...thousands (at my cost!) So we headed to the local sports and outdoors store called Academy. It's kind of like Scheels, but cheaper. After weeks of keeping our eye out for that "perfect set" Kyle and I found one we both agreed on. It was sturdy for Kyle, and it wasn't too big or too small and looked nice for me.



So, a purchase I am sure we will get our money's worth, is all set up and sitting on our back patio. We have already put it to the test, eating our grilled pizza and watching the sun set with beer in hand. I can't wait for more evenings/days to put it to use! Hopefully your weather warms up enough for you to get the grill out as well!




Kyle assembling the table. I 'supervised' :)

(Below) Tucker wanted to help (more like chew on the boxes)


The set! Nothing fancy, something just nice and simple that we will get good use out of. So happy we didn't wait any longer than we did. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment