Friday, November 30, 2012

Another Year Older (and Wiser?)

On Sunday I turned 26 years old. I can't believe it! When I was little I couldn't even comprehend beyond 25. And now it seems like it was only a month ago I was writing this birthday post.

Since it landed on a Sunday during Thanksgiving weekend, this was how I got to spend "my day."

If you want to know anything about I35 South, or what stand-up comedians are the best, I can help you out!
Kyle and I were driving back from Kansas. For 13 hours. We hit horrible traffic south of Dallas. It did allow me to anwers any phone calls or texts, though! It was good bonding time with Kyle and Tucker (who slept for 99% of the trip).

My co-workers did decorate my cube and have a potluck for me. They threw a Mexican themed potluck (I am the only one with no Mexican heritage in our group) so it was a delicious authentic meal. Holiday tamales (is a traditional Mexican dish made of masa (a starchy dough, usually corn-based), which is steamed or boiled in a leaf wrapper), pupusas (a a traditional dish from El Salvador made of a thick, handmade corn tortillas with a mixture of cheese, pork, and beans), homemade queso, rice, and salsa. I have definitely develped a love for Mexican food, beyond the normal Tex-Mex, even! (I think they like sharing their traditional dishes as well, just like when I shared cookie salad with them. They were AMAZED we eat that up north as a side dish, and not desert!) They even got a Dairy Queen ice cream cake,  (which again, the majaority of the people had never had before!)  I failed to get a picture of it. Sorry.

I did take a picture of my cube, though!


Overall it was a good birthday, celebrating the holiday with family! And a special Thank You to all who wished me a happy birthday or sent cards. I appreciate it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment