Every year the weekend before Thanksgiving is the annual Christmas Showcase: Arts and Crafts Show downtown. It is like any other craft fair or craft show...but its on steroids. And focused on Christmas.
 |
| Building 1. |
This is one building, the "main" one for this event. In total, there were 3 buildings just like this. We did lots of looking, lots of shopping, searching, and hunting down best prices. I bought Christmas presents and some decorations for my house. It was a blast. I normally do not get to go to these "girly" events down here, so I was thankful my friend and her mom invited me along with. The only thing better would've been my mom with, too!
They literally had everything from jewelry to knives to blankets to pictures. Everything. It was a tad overwhelming at some points, but then you would see something that drew your attention in and you would forget about the miles you walked, the crowds and baby strollers running over your feet and enjoy the surroundings.
 |
| Beautiful flowers! |
 |
| Christmas trinkets of all kinds! |
Needless to say, I was put in the Christmas mood very fast. I was ready to put up our lights and our tree and "deck the halls!" Kyle brought me back into reality, though, and politely reminded me that Turkey Day comes first :)
After the showcase we went out to eat at a fun place called Mi Tierra's. The atmosphere was SO fun, you almost forget you are in Texas instead of Mexico! Whenever the next person comes to visit and is in the mood for Mexican, we will be going here!
 |
| Such fun decorations all over the place! |
|
|
 |
| Complete with a "cafe y panderia" full of authentic Mexican treats and sweets! |
 |
| Right outside was the Market Square. I literally stopped in my tracks as I walked around. I thought for sure I was back in Cancun. Such a fun place...I can't wait to go back and explore more! |
Anyway, until November 23...enjoy Thanksgiving time with friends and family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment