Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Craft Time

I had a bit of free time this past weekend, so instead of ONLY cleaning I decided to try out  an idea I found via Pinterest.

I made a "christmas tree" that is going to be a card holder.

This is what it looked like to start. A bunch of boards.
I gave them all a coat of paint (or two) and a little glitter (I looooooove sparkles!) to get this look.

Then all I had to do was glue them into place (I used a wood glue) and hot-glue the mini clothespins on and Viola! A Christmas Tree Card Holder!
I have some extra pins left over, so if I need to add any I always can.

I haven't decided exactly how I am going to hang it yet, but either way I am happy with how it turned out! I even managed to run Kyle's saw by myself!


And of course, my helper while I worked on this.
Tucker was about as helpful as the humidity was to drying the paint!
Now I am REALLY getting excited for Christmas. (I of course found all these supplies at Hobby Lobby which had 50% off all Christmas decorations!!! That did not help)

Hope everyone's November is off to a great start!




2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the pink birth announcement. {wink}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too! It's been on my fridge since the day 1! :)

    ReplyDelete