Monday, November 12, 2012

Wurstfest: Sausage 'n Beer

It's that time of year again. Wurstfest!!! (Basically Octoberfest but not in October.) It's in a German town about 15 minutes north of Kyle and me.

Basically, we eat sausage (best in town), drink beer, and eat (in my case, smell) any type of amazing German food you can imagine. In particular, the German Chocolate Pie was calling my name, but my willpower won that battle (for once!) If you remember, we went last year; check out the post from 2011.

This year instead of going on the weekend we went on college night. We were meeting some friends of ours that had plans to go, so despite the "work night" we went to tackle the pitchers of beer and sticks of sausage. Still just as delicious as I remember!

Kyle and I by the infamous Wurstfest sign.

I still can't get over the HUGE tents and the legit polka bands and...whatever that instrument is that he is playing!
And, as always, the sausage and beer did not disapoint. I LOVE that Shiner is considered domestic. I do not love that a pitcher is 17 drink tickets!


Good ol' Shiner!

























Maybe one of these days we will get to the real Octoberfest. We came close in April when we traveled to Germany...I'll count that :)

And, a saying I have bee hearing WAY too much lately... "Happy Fall Y'all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment