Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Granby, CO

This last weekend Kyle and I had the opportunity to meet up with some college friends in Granby, CO. Have you ever heard of it? Granby is a small town, basically built to support the skiing season and ski-fanatics in the Rockies. It is located about 2 hours west of Denver, up high into the Rockies. We were at about 9,000 feet above sea level...so we were WAY up there. We arrived late Friday night, and the temperature at our condo read 27º! It was quite a change from our 80º in San Antonio, but the condo was already heated up and the gas fireplace was going so it was nice and cozy.


Our friend Stephanie was given this condo to her for a week through her work. So we took full advantage and had 3 couples from college meet out in CO. There was one other couple besides Kyle and me that only stayed for the weekend, and Luke and Steph were lucky enough to stay for the entire week. Even though it was a short trip, it was well worth it. There were lots of laughs, games, SNOW, and talking through the weekend. On Saturday we woke up to snow, and in total snowed about 4 inches! It was a nice, slow, peaceful snow...not like how it used to snow in Fargo! Sunday we took advantage of the nice weather and went out and did some hiking. The snow provided such a pretty landscape it was breathtaking. Now I have had my snow fix for the winter ;)

Enjoy the pictures...it was hard to fully capture the beauty of it all!

Kyle, Me, Amanda, Jake, Luke, and Steph (Kyle, Jake, and Luke were college roommates)

Kyle and I at Adams Falls, one of the hikes we took




I think it's safe to say that CO is one of the most beautiful states I've been to!

No comments:

Post a Comment