These past couple weeks Kyle has been a working mad man. Working so many hours we both lost count, and traveling all over the country on top of it. I knew I needed something to do to keep me occupied otherwise I knew I would go insane. I came across this little Halloween Decoration made from 2x4's and decided I was going to do it. I love "projects," but this is the first true "craft project" for the house I have done!
Supplies? An old 2x4 that we had used in our rental house garage. I stole it from Kyle while he was out of town and had my friend Jason help cut it up. I thought I would ask for help on this part so I could walk away with all fingers and toes in tact. I needed 5 pieces of the 2x4. Spray Paint, and a little burlap. Thats it.
After Jason helped me cut the boards, I started by giving each of them a good coat of paint. I gave each board 2 coats, but the white I had to do more of. I had to keep Tucker in the house during this point because he is so curious, pretty sure he would have ended up with a green/orange/black fur coat. Not sure Kyle would have like that!
After I let these dry, I started the detail work. For this I used a pen I got from Hobby Lobby. It's a cross between paint/chalk/crayon. It's the size of a pen, looks like wet chalk, but applies and holds like paint. It's pretty slick!
After this, I had to put another coat of white on the ghost, did frank's hair, and wrapped the mummy!
Now just the mummy to go...
Done! During the 4 hours Kyle was home this weekend, he helped me screw the boards onto the base. It looks great sitting next to my mum in the front yard. The only drawback? I could have made it a little bit bigger. But it was my first one. Next one will be even better!
Tucker doesn't like being left out. He had to get in the picture as well.
Our front yard....don't mind the dead grass and the overgrown bushes (they are getting an overhaul this winter!) A couple pumpkins, a mum, and now my 2x4s! I might be adding more to the yard this week...some of my neighbors are going all out for Halloween!
Until next time...hope you all are enjoying fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment