Monday, September 20, 2010

happy anniversary...

In all honestly, I was not expecting much for our anniversary this past Sunday, the 19th. (I thought we would choose a different night during the week to celebrate). Kyle had been gone on a weekend long hunting trip with his company, and I fully expected him to be exhasted and wanting nothing more than to sit and relax on the couch. More or less, I was right. He was beyond exhausted (he even took a nap!), he could barely form sentances that made sense. After I woke him up from a 2 hour nap, he surprised me by saying he had booked reservations at a "nice" restaurant in town. 8:00 o'clock. I was stunned! He was very excited on celebrating on the acutal day, so I was all for it!
I was all excited to put on my heels and go our for the evening. When we arrived at our destination, I was super excited. Kyle had made reservations at the Tower of the Americas restaurant, The Chart House. It is the revolving place to eat at the very top of the tower. We were seated right next to the window, so we had an excellent 360ยบ view of San Antonio. At night. With all the lights. We had dinner by candlelight and shared a bottle of Rodney Strong Merlot wine. It was a perfect evening to reflect upon this last year of our lives, as well as the first of many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment