Over the weekend, while Kyle was out of town, I went with some friends to one of the last Fiesta events in San Antonio...the
King William Fair.
In 1967, a non-profit group was founded to help preserve the oldest historic district in the state of
Texas and to promote the unique cultural heritage of San Antonio. To help in their goal, they hosted its first Fair in 1968.
Since then, the Fair has grown from a one-block arts exhibit to a major
Fiesta event. And that is what I attended.
It was similar to Oyster Bake (see previous post) in that they had food stations and beer stations, but this fair was not Bud Light sponsored, so they had all kinds of beer. Shiner, Shock Top, Zeigenbock, and more. They even had corn dogs...I was super pumped about that one. One of the best parts of the fair was walking around the old historic district and seeing all the old houses. Some were preserved to a T, and others needed some help.
 |
| This is what the streets looked like; crowded with people and lined with vendors |
 |
| But then you had fun little gems like this old, beautiful house lining the streets, too. |
 |
| Some had awesome Fiesta decorations, and most had their own parties as they observed the thousands of people on the streets. |
 |
| People also like to wear fiesta decorations. They more festive your sombrero, the better! |
 |
| You come to an intersection and there was plenty to choose from. Food? Drink? Bathrooms? Random old awesome house? It's all here. |
 |
| I went with these two; Mat and Kasi. Awesome friends! |
 |
| Kasi and I. She is the crazy one that gets up at 5 am and works out with me every morning. |
 |
| I was in line to get beer and saw this sign. Made me feel OLD. Then I realized that's only 2 years for my younger sister...and that made me excited and feeling old all over again! |
 |
| Most people bring chairs/blankets and set up camp for the day. |
 |
| I ended the day with my very own Fiesta flair! (After it had started raining and I was soaking wet. Oh well!) |
Even though we got rained out at the end of the day, it was still a great time! Got to hang out with friends, people watch, and experience yet another fiesta event! 2 in one year...I'm on a roll (considering I've been to 0 in 3 years!) Viva Fiesta!
No comments:
Post a Comment