I found this on Pinterest the other day. It kind of really hit home. Since I moved down South, I have been wrapped up in "seeing everything I can" while I am down here. I am proud to say that I have seen more of the sites of this state than most of the people born here. (Technically it is not that hard to do, most people living in their state do not travel in their state...but go with me here). I have also realized that yes, I have seen a lot, but at what cost?
Lately I have embraced the fact that I do not need to be doing something every single weekend. I think that was also more of a coping mechanism than anything. I didn't want to remember the friends and family I left behind, and I didn't want to think of what they were doing at that same moment, so I stayed busy. Now I am busy in the ways of organizing pantries (much needed) and closets (way overdue) and feel just as satisfied as if I would have traveled 200 miles.
It also means for a lot less photos on this blog! (Can you tell lately?) Unless you want to see pictures of our cute fur-ball Tucker everyday...but I won't bore you with that!
But I urge you to all consider this. Stop being so busy and enjoy life. Don't sweat the small stuff :)
Happy March!

No comments:
Post a Comment