Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rewind

Time flies. Anyone else agree?! Holy cow.

Anyway.

The last week or so has flown by. Work has been super busy, Kyle has been non existent at the house, and Tucker has started to protest me (I just can't play fetch like Kyle can!)

Here is a little of what has been going on our lately:

Black Birds. Or rather, "Grackles" as Texas calls them? They are migrating, and love to go in groups. This is not a group in my opinion, this is a MOB. They are noisy, poop on my car, and destroy the tree tops. Let's get the north warm again so they keep migrating!
A new pizza place I tried out with some friends while Kyle was out of town. Amazing! If you ever are in a city with one, for sure make a stop!
Meet Dan's new girlfriend, Lauren. She is super fun and even invited me to join her Book Club! Winner in my book.
One of my friends text me this photo and asked if I missed this! haha..what do you think?!

I had MLK day off and enjoyed it at home with Tucker. It was 75 degrees and beautiful out! Felt  like spring!


This was taken the same day. I sat out on the patio and just soaked up the sun.
 Since this past week or so has been so bitterly cold for the north, and we have dipped into the 80s (no lie) I saw my friend post this on Facebook and it made me stop and realize that maybe I would be willing to put up with the cold again someday!

"It's cold in Fargo, yes. But....we can let our cars run without being stolen, our state is defined with the word "nice" in it, many don't lock their door, our states murder rate is one of the lowest in the nation, we can get to the airport, through security and on the plane in 38 minutes and when having to use the restroom in a public facility we don't have to tie our purses to the back of the door or hold them in our laps. I'll take the cold weather..."

I cannot say ANY of that is true in here in South Texas. So...what would YOU pick?! I guess there is a pro and con to everything! 

p.s. can you believe it is almost February?! Crazy.





No comments:

Post a Comment