Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year

It's that time, again. A new year. We all survived the "apocalypse of 2012," so now that you have, what are you doing to do in 2013?

2012 was an amazing year. Kyle and I were reflecting on it during our 20 hour drive home from MN. We have traveled, seen places/sports teams in TX, and enjoyed major events with friends and family. It also made me realize that we have been in the lovely state of TX for 3  years. I will never forget New Years Eve 2009 when Adam, Tyler, Kyle and I pulled into our rental house and unloaded that ginormous u-haul truck. It was sunny, 70 degrees, and we had no TV/Internet and had no idea where to go to celebrate the new year. I think we resorted to video games/movies and games.

So much has changed in 3 years.

It's still hard for me to believe I have lived this far away from friends and family for this long. At the same time, I can't believe it's already been 3 years!

I guess this post was more a reflection/ramblings post. It kind of has no point now that I think about it. I might as well list some goals for the new year!

2013:
- Travel to a certain state in the U.S. (that just happens to be a MAJOR bucket list item.) More to come on this vacation later :)
- Go to Houston and see the NASA space center, and maybe even the Twins play the Astros (now that they are in the American League!)
- Hike more trails around the Hill Country. There are amazing parks/places to hike; inexpensive and great physical activity
- Shoot my bow more. I loved doing that before I moved and definitely miss it (and the arms muscles that came with it!)
- Skype more with friends and family. There is no excuse! Technology is here for a reason.
- Incorporate more physical activity in our daily routine. No more coming home from work and plopping down and watching a movie. I would like to be more active; maybe take more walks with Tucker, rollerblade, anything! Just get up and DO something.
- Student Loans. This is a not-so-fun one, but currently my loans are split into 3 different vendors, 2 of which are a smaller amount. I would LOVE to get these two paid off by the end of the year!

I think that is enough...I like the "goal" setting rather than the resolution. I don't need a new year to change who I am, but it is a good chance to evaluate and make better goals for the next!

Hope you all had a great 2012 and are ready to take on the new 2013!

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment