Monday, August 27, 2012

The River...again

I think this summer we have been to the river more times than the lake. Not sure what that really means, but at least we are getting to a body of water.

The temperatures are still in the mid 90s with no short of humidity. I think with the approaching tropical storm we have seen more clouds than normal, but nothing too abnormal.

On Sunday we took advantage of the sunny weather and headed to the river. It was very similar to this river trip, but this time we went to a different location on the river. A different TOWN even. Crazy when you think of it that way.... Anyway. The scenery looked similar to the last location. The only thing different is where we hung out on the river was at the end of a tube float, so if any of the floaters got caught in the current and had trouble standing or getting off their tube, we could watch and laugh help them out. It was very entertaining.

River in San Marcos
One MAJOR difference was this guy. Oh yes. We brought Tuck-Man with.

He LOVES the water!
In addition to dove hunting, Kyle wants to take Tucker duck and geese hunting this fall so he was working with Tucker and a bird dummy in the water. Tucker did not hesitate and lept right in the water every time the bird was thrown. Or the ball. Or his other dummy. Or the frisbee. He basically would stand in the water waiting for us to throw something.





Not sure who had more fun. Kyle or Tucker?

It was another fun afternoon in the water and sunshine. We took the trip with a guy that Kyle met through work, so of course he wouldn't take a picture with me (shocking!) so I found the next available guy to pose with me in front of the camera. And he is SO good at it. ;)

Love my puppy dog!
I promise we do other things besides playing with Tucker all weekend. I swear we do. Now I just need to document it so you believe me... ;)

Today was the first day of school here in San Antonio, so I hope Back to School up north is going as well as it can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment