Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Betty Crocker(s)

Over the weekend I played bake shop-cool aunt-babysitter-wanna be teeny bopper. Did you follow all that? Basically, I had a slumber party with one of our good friends' two girls; 11 and 13 years old.  Whenever I would bring cookies or something baked to one of their pool parties, they were always in awe. So, we planned a bake-date. That is exactly what we did. Baked. 

Before they got to my house I had picked out some of the "fun" recipes I thought they might like to do. Chocolate rolo cookies, Reeses peanut butter cookies, and Pizza Bars. I thought they would want to do one, MAYBE two. Nope. They wanted to do ALL THREE. (In addition to the caramel rolls the next morning!)

Let me introduce you:

This is Nova. She is 11 years old and a firecracker. She knows what she wants and is very strong-willed (note the red hair!) She is also adorable and super sweet when you get to know her. 


This is Jo. She is 13 (in a couple weeks) and loves everything outdoors. She would rather be out hunting next to her dad than getting her toes painted. She recently has found a passion for cooking while her mom was pregnant and has been a huge help in the kitchen.


For 5 hours on Saturday we baked and baked. They became experts at rolling dough. They got antsy waiting for the pan to bake in the oven and kept Tucker busy in the meantime. I think Tucker was just as happy and excited as they were!






I haven't baked like this since I was in MN, and I can't even remember then why I would have baked so many sweets. It helped me remember though how much I love being in the kitchen. Here are our finished products:

They were SO proud and excited to share with their mom and dad!


Thats me in my messy kitchen. Thanks for the aprons, Jill and Amy! They came in very handy :)
In addition to baking we watched lots of movies, played cards and board games, listened and danced to Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift (painful, but I got through it!) It was a super fun weekend but I was ready to put my feet up when they went home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment