Monday, May 16, 2011

Texas Ski Ranch

Texas is famous for thier ranches, right? But I never knew that Texas had a SKI ranch. Ski, as in, the water sport. At this 'ranch' there are helicoptor rides, shere ball rides, wakeboarding, skiing, kneeboarding, skateboarding...pretty much a combination of everything. It is located about 20 minutes north of us, and one of our friends was interested in trying out wake boarding. I did not feel like embarassing myself in front of strangers (I would like to save those fun time for friends and family only as much as I can ;) so Kyle and I went along with to go check it out and root for our friend.



To give you an idea, the wake boarding part is one big circle of water (with, oddly enough, a pathc of grass in the middle with goats on it). They have a cbale system that pulls you around the circle, complete with jumps if you wish to try them. There are about 5-8 people that can be going around the circle at a time, with people crahsing and joining in continuously. Our friend has been a life-long snow boarder, so he picked up on it pretty quick. I got some sun while watching him, and enjoyed seeing something new. Here are a couple picture to show you the wake boarding part of the 'ranch'.



On Sunday we went over to Jason's new house he just purchased and had a BBQ. Even though zero of the utilities were hooked up, we made the best of it and had a feast! Fresh fruit, burgers on the grill, drinks, and even the puppy dogs had a good time. His dad was visiting from WA, so he was also there having a good time. We even ended the afternoon with some games of Catch Prase! I can't wait for more BBQ's and getherings at his new place...first though, we need to help paint a few rooms and move him from his apartment to the house. Small price to pay :)




Hope everyone had a great weekend, and hope the week ahead is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment