Friday, November 19, 2010

ya mon...

A year ago (to the day), Kyle and I were packing our bags and looking forward to warmer weather. A year ago, instead of packing up and heading home for the Holidays, we packed up and went south. Way south. All the way to JAMAICA. Here is a photo of the view from our room (L) and a view along one of the pathways within the resort (R).



We were on our honeymoon! I was looking forward to drinks on the sand, crystal clear waters, snorkling, and just hanging out in the sun. It did not disapoint! We went all-inclusive, which is the way to go, by far. Here is a view of the beach (turns out not too many people vacation over the Thanksgiving Holiday, so the resort was less than full, which allowed for plenty of room on the beach and privacy). I was so happy that the chair cushions allowed me to float! The best part was taking the drinks IN the water WHILE I floated! It was amazing and so relaxing.



The sunsets were breathtaking, the food was amazing, the drinks endless, and the people were so friendly and really did say "ya mon" every other word. Kyle and I enjoyed the week long gettaway in Jamaica, and were extremely happy with everything!

So this year, as I am enjoying the company of family and filling my face with delicious home-cooked Thanksgiving food, I will remember our time in Jamaica; but at the same time I will be thankful to be at home with family, and not alone in TX for the Holidays. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the vibrant color!! Great photographs! I was tempted to examine them for the rule of thirds for old times sake. ;)

    ReplyDelete