Friday, November 12, 2010

call me a nerd...

I've heard it all before. I'm used to it. I am in my twenties and I love HARRY POTTER. I can thank my cousin, Katie, for getting me started. She gave me her paperback copy of the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, because she got a hard cover copy. I do admit, the first chapter was hard to get through. It was unlike anything I had ever read. I really had to open my mind to an entirely new world, which existed halfway across the world, in London.

Ever since I got hooked in that book, I have read every book upon its release, usually within a day or two. My mom would get so angry with me because my nose would be in a book rather than doing chores, or going to bed. (I stayed up late...very late...to read.)

Since the books became such a huge success, they were made into movies which have grossed millions of dollars. I am a fan on the movies, however, nothing can quite replace your original imagination and the words of the author herself.

In ONE WEEK from today, Part I of the 7th book will be arriving in a theater near you. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a long book, a book that I read twice. It is captiviating, heart breaking, rivoting, and so many other things. (See...here you start to believe that I really AM a nerd!) I am very excited to see the movie, and I hope it will not disapoint.


Here is a trailer in case you want to see! (I get goosebumps every time!)

So, here's to being a Muggle! Cheers! :)

1 comment:

  1. Seeing HP7 with my friends in Minnesota (who are hardcore fans) at midnight is one of the biggest things I'm sad that I'm going to miss while being out of the country. But, on the other hand, I'm in England... so I'm basically living in a scene from Harry Potter anyway. haha. Unfortunately I don't know anyone here who is a hardcore fan, so seeing the movie won't be a big event. But I'm looking forward to it all the same! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete