With the Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner, I have been craving pumpkin. The smell, the taste, and all the different recipes to bake with. Especially my pumpkin roll that I now make every Thanksgiving...its not the same without it! (Thanks, Shannon!)
Last week I finally found some Libbys pumpkin at the grocery store, and after Kyle requested pumpin bars, I made them during the Vikings game. Thanks to my wonderful grandma and her amazing recipe, they turned out so tasty and fabulous. People at my work had never heard of pumpkin bars (must be a northern thing?) so I brought some in to share and they all LOVED them! (They kept calling them pumpkin cake!) After such a wonderful experience with my first pumpkin craving of the season done, I am out to try some more.
Here are a few recipes I have gathered over the past month that have pumpkin in them and they look (and I am sure taste) amazing! Maybe this weekend I will have time to experiment in the kitchen again...
I currently follow Picky-Palate, she has an amazing food blog and her recipes are always simple! Here are some of her pumpkin-inspired recipies that caught my eye (and hopefully yours, too!)
Cinnamon Toasted Pumpkin Pie Tarts
Chocolate and Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars
Double Pumpkin Kissed Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies
Taste of Home also has many fabulous recipes, and I found this one that sounded amazing...
Snappy Pumpkin Cheescake
And something for an after dinner...
Pumpkin Pie Martini
So now that I am officialy hungry and still an hour away from lunch, I need to get my mind off of food!
Happy Baking!
No comments:
Post a Comment