For a little change of pace, I thought I would show you were Kyle and I work. I do not think these two places could be more different, but they are both fun, nonetheless.
My employment is called Stowers Furniture, here in San Antonio. It is the only store (not a chain) and family owned. In 1893 the store was opened here in San Antonio, and has been going strong ever since. It is a very high-end furniture store, some have called it "the Lexus of furniture." There are local celebrities that shop here, like Mrs. George Strait, Eva Longoria Parker, Mr. and Mrs. Red McCombs, just to name a few. (Sadly, I have not seen any of them! haha) The store is 85,000 sq. feet-- all full of furniture. We specialize is special orders and can get you just about anything, in any color or fabric you wish. I am learning a lot, and it has been quite the switch from Bobcat construction equipment to furniture. I am currently in charge of all advertising/marketing efforts, and trying to get the store updated in technology. Someday...maybe with the help of my employee discount...I will be able to purchase something from here! (even if it is just a decorative vase) ;)
Here is what the outside of the building looks like:

Kyle's work is a little different than mine. He works for Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) and is loving it. PCG was founded in 1987 and is one of the leading specialty contractors in the United States. PCG is employee owned and currently has more than 50 locations throughout the US. Kyle recently became involved in the "Firestopping" specialty, which is basically everything needed to contain flame, smoke, pressure, and radiation as well as reduce tempurature transmission in buildings. Currenlty he is working on a handful of projects, which keep him busy! He is also starting to really enjoy the company benefits of taking clients out to keep them happy-- just this week they went on a Clay Tournamnet Shoot, and they have a hunting trip scheduled for the beginning of October. (Hunting down here is like golfing up north).
Here is the outside of his office building, however, the more exciting part of Kyle's job is the actual worksites:

Hope that helps you get a little bit better idea of what we do during the work week!
No comments:
Post a Comment