So. Hill Country- here is some of the scenery we drove through:
Never would have guessed that was South Texas? Me either. Anyway, on our way to our "Saturday Gettaway," we stopped at a small place to eat on the way called Alamo Springs Cafe. It was featured in Texas Monthly (the National Magazing of Texas...yes, it's for real) as having one of the Top 3 Burgers in the entire state of Texas. Yes, you heard me, the ENTIRE state of Texas. Even though this cafe was in the middle of no where, located on a road named "Old Fred Rd," we stopped to see what the fuss was all about. Pulling up to the cafe, I had my doubts, but then again, every place in Texas with the best food looks like nothing from the outside.
Here is what Alamo Springs Cafe looked like:

Not much for the eyes, is it? We ventured on inside anyway. (As far as the General Store went...they sold beer there, and that is the only thing I could see that resembled anything of a General Store.) We ordered a cheeseburger, with some extra add-ons. I had lettuce, tomato, avacado, and bacon. I can't even tell you what was all on Kyle's burger. Here is what they both looked like...
My burger:
I made it easy on myself by wrapping it half in the paper, so it would hold it together easier. Kyle had a little but more tough of a time...
After one bite his was so big and falling apart so bad...the paper wasn't doing it. He need a fork and knife to finish his.
I was so full, I could not finish mine. It was a monster! BUT, it was one of the best burgers I have had in a LONG TIME.
We got back in the car, our tummys full, and continued on north into Fredricksburg.
...to be continued: fredericksburg...part 2 (Wine Country)
No comments:
Post a Comment