Monday, August 23, 2010

cowboy reunion...

The title says it all. Over the weekend Kyle and I, and our new-found friend Jason, attended a Cowboy Reunion in Pleasonton, TX. I was not quite sure what to expect, I had heard of rodeo events such as breaking a horse, branding a cow, and other events. We were planning on being there at 5, for the start of the rodeo, but since it was still over 100 degrees, we decided to chillax for a little bit and wait an hour. We headed out there and caught the last of the events. A team on horseback had to rope a calf and get him into the trailer...and it was timed. Team with the best time wins...if I recall correctly, the best time was 33 seconds. I just had my point-and-shoot camera with, on full zoom, so pictures are not the greatest. Here are a couple that I was able to capture:

In this photo, the cowboys gave up roping and used good ol' reliable arm muscle


This one was not going in without a fight!


After the rodeo events there was a concert, but we were hungry so we went on a hunt for food. Little did we know, friends of ours were friends with the BBQ Cook-Off Champions, so we got 1st class BBQ. They took Overall Champion, 1st place Ribs, and 2nd place Brisket. Jason and Kyle enjoying the brisket and ribs in the picture.

As the dance continued on, it was still 96 degrees outside at midnight. We were all hot, but the adult beverages helped keep us cool! We danced the night away...well, watched people two step (I am horrible at it!) until Kyle was falling asleep standing up. And then we ventured on home. It was a good time out and we got to see and experience more of Texas!


No comments:

Post a Comment