Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beverage Barn

What is a "beverage barn" you ask? I had no idea either, that is until I went South of San Antonio.

It is a drive-through liquor store.

How is that possible you might ask? Doesn't that lead to drinking and driving? Having a container in the car? I agree. I don't understand it either. But it exists. In Texas, of course.

Here it is...in all its glory.

It's like a car wash. You drive up, wait in line, place your order, and drive through! But here you can order tacos and margaritas and even milk!
You drive in with coolers on either side of you. A person takes your order and brings it to you. In some cases (depending on how much you buy) they load and ice your cooler for you. Or even hand you a frozen margarita in a cup. No joke.
Their prices aren't bad either! You can get 2 six pack of pounders (tall boys as the Texans call them) for $9. Not bad!

I was super excited to get to experience this but found it mind boggling at the same time. Of course we did not drink what we ordered while we were driving, but I just wanted to say that I went to a beverage barn while living here in Texas. (Kyle goes quite often when on work trips. Go figure!)

Aren't you happy you know all about beverage barns now?! I thought it was so unique I had to share!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment