On Saturday we helped our friends paint their house, we got about 3.5 rooms finished, and only like 4 more to go! After painting, Jason, Dan, Kyle and I loaded up the car and went to Austin for a concert. G Love & Special Sauce. Never heard of him? Neither had I. Dan has been following him for years and loves him, so we figured, "why not?" It was pretty awesome, to tell you the truth.
We got to Austin early enough to chill at a few places before the concert doors opened. Here we are chillin' at a place called Shiner Saloon.
Then we found a place called Kung Fu Saloon. They had Pac Man Machines built in. How sweet? Dan and Jason even tried out some Ski Ball.
The concert itself was pretty sweet. Austin has a ton of little venues, it is considered the "Live Music Capitol of the US." Now that is according to Texans, so don't quote me on that. I thought maybe Nashville would've been, but anyway. That is besides the point. A lady named Kristy Lee opened for G Love. She was awesome. Kinda think of an Adele and Jack Johnson mixture. Pretty sweet.
| Kristy Lee. |
Here is a link to listen to Kristy Lee on You Tube (I didn't get the best video)
Then onto G Love. He is from Pittsburgh, and I guess him and Jack Johnson go way back. Anyway, I didn't last through the entire concert, but the parts I did hear were fantastic.
| G Love. I didnt have the camera at this point so the pics aren't the best. |
Here is a link to G Love on You Tube. Seriously, check him out. Awesomeness.
I did find out that night, in the hotel room, that Jason and Dan can saw logs. Like, they should consider switching professions to lumberjacks. Whew!
Sunday we went out for breakfast at an amazing place in Austin called Zax. If you are ever in the area- check it out. Make Your Own Bloody Mary Bar (which, I had never had one, and it was the perfect cure ;) We headed south of San Antonio for a birthday party and then back up north of San Antonio for a Super Bowl party. I gotta say, I am happy the Giants won!
Favorite commercials? I have three. I linked them to You Tube in case you missed them...
Working out Dog
M&Ms
Here WeGo
Overall, it was a successful weekend, but I wish I had another weekend to recover!
No comments:
Post a Comment