Monday, February 13, 2012

Blue Star

After visiting the Coors Brewery in Golden, CO, Kyle and I decided we would love to visit as many breweries as we can. Between our love of microbrews and traveling, I find it to be a perfect combination (and an easy date for Anniversary, Birthday, etc). We were scheduled to go to the Rodeo on Saturday but due to a ticket mis-hap, Kyle and I were not able to go. Instead we met our friend Dan and went to a few new places we had never been before.

Enter Blue Star Brewery.


Blue Star opened in the mid-90s and has been going ever since. Although they don't have the classic "tour" associated with a brewery, it is this very fun place downtown, right across the street from the Riverwalk and the Pioneer flour mill. It is right next to a bike shop, and has a ton of character. At the time they only had 4 beers on tap that they brew, so I tried them all! (And their pizza was exceptional as well!)

The first beer I had was amazing. As was the second. The second one I got a little adventerous and tried their Crowned King Beer. It is a mixed, or layerd rather, beer. It had their King William beer (King William Ale is a barley wine style ale) on the bottom and the Stout beer (Creamy, robust, Irish-style dry stout) on the top. Literally. See below...crazy, isn't it? After every drink it would reform to going back to look like this. Crazy.


Anway, it was a great place, awesome location and setting. I will definately want to go back there sometime!

Another brewery checked off the list ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment