Monday, February 27, 2012

Out for a Walk

This weekend was another exciting one, even when I thought it was going to be a slow one. I'll touch more on our Saturday festivities later, but since I've been hearing that it is actually starting to feel like winter up north, I am going to share a good-weather post to help ya'll cope with the approaching blizzard!

On Sunday when we woke up it was beautiful outside; the sun was shining, it was the perfect temp with just a slight breeze every once and a while. Instead of having a lazy Sunday, we decided to make the most of it and went for a hike at Eisenhower Park near one of the military bases called Camp Bullis. It's about a 20 minute drive from the house, so not too far to drive for a nice hike. It is free to park/enter, dogs are allowed, and the weather was just perfect, so we figured, why not?!

Jason, Dan, Kyle and I, along with the two dogs, really enjoyed ourselves. We started out on the trail called "Hillview" but I'm pretty sure we ended up going on random trails throughout. We weren't too worried about getting lost, so we just walked. The dogs didn't get too hot, and it was good scenery. This particular hike had a bit more hills to climb and elevation change than the last one we did so it was fun. In the ended we walked for a total of 4 miles. And of course, I took pictures!

Starting out on our walk! Jason &; Koda, Dan, Kyle &; Tucker. I always seem to bring up the rear!

Some parts were actually slightly steep! The boys had troubles keeping up with the dogs at some parts.

I promise I was there. See! I took a picture this time to prove it.

All the boys. Literally. Dogs, too!

Going down the hill. At one point Dan had both dogs and was running back and forth with them.
All three of them had energy to burn!

The view from the "top." If you look dead center and way in the back...that is downtown SA. Huge, isn't it? Just kidding!
In the end it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. After we got back Tucker got a bath and we settled in for a night watching the Oscars Red Carpet and a movie. Perfect end to a weekend! Hope everyone stays safe and warm for the upcoming "blizzard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment