Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Kyle and I enjoyed a 4 day weekend at HOME. We were at home 95% of the time with Tucker and it was awesome.

Thanksgiving Day we made our first turkey. All 8 pounds of it. It was my first turkey and Kyle's first time carving a turkey! Overall, I think it turned out great and am happy for it being my first!



















I know I didn't really need to post a picture of the bird, but I had to document it! ;) I set the table using a lot of our china and things we got from the wedding, overall I was very pleased at how it turned out! We had A LOT of leftovers, when we were finished it didn't even look like we had touched the food! But, I am totally OK with that, it means no cooking for a week for me! We did, however, finish up the pumpkin pie last night. It was the first pumpkin pie that I had made or even ate since my grandma passed away a few years ago. It was an emotional and very, very delicious pie!


On Friday we went and got some deals on outside Christmas lights and a tree! We spent the entire day putting up lights and listening to Christmas music. Kyle and I were both really in the Christmas mood, and we both LOVE our lights on our house. I think our neighbor was worried we outdid him...he put up his lights that night and had to go buy more even! Oops! Tucker was outside with us in the front yard the entire day as well. What do you think? I think they turned out excellent for our first time putting up Christmas lights!

Tucker did not like Kyle up on the roof. 



I have since added a wreath on the front door and candy canes on the window, but overall, this is it!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with friends and family and enjoyed the rest of the Holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs!!!! Just received your Christmas card today (thank you, a very nice looking family a might add!) and couldn't help but read about all your adventures. Thank you for sharing. Awesome job on the Thanksgiving meal, can't wait to give that a whirl someday! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete