Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kyle's "Man Cave"

Kyle and I both know this house is not our "dream home," but we both love making it into something we want, helping it become the best house it can be. This weekend, Kyle went to work on something that had been bothering him since we moved: The Garage.

My work had an enormous annual sale, so I had to work the whole weekend. I was able to sneak away on Saturday for an amazing lunch with Kyle...we went for sushi! (Yum). Anyway. back to the man cave. Saturday I come home from work and pull into the driveway to see the garage door up, 2x4s  across the floor of the garage, the saw over to one side and our furniture give away pile out in the front yard.

Kyle was building.

It is a hobby he would love to get more into, but he knows enough of it to build basic things. On Saturday alone he built a work bench, storage for the rakes and shovels, etc, and put up peg board (so he can neatly organize his tools!) Most of you know how anal Kyle is about organization and 'neatness' so this was like a big therapy project to him.

Here is what it looked like at the end of the day Saturday:


  Its true. Tucker was there in the garage with Kyle all day long :)



Sunday was left to finish up odds n ends and build the shelf. Again, I was at work, so Kyle worked away with nothing else to think about or do besides the garage. It really was a therapy weekend! After a night of organizing, here is the final product. All the tools are in line. All the coolers are finally tucked away neatly in place. Tuckers kennel is finally out of the way. And Kyle even built himslef a "sports shelf" that contains all his golfing and softball equipment. I forgot to take a picture of that...sorry.



We still have all the built-in cabinet space in the garage as well, so now we have more than enough storage in the garage. Excellent job, Kyle! This will for sure be a place he can "retreat" to if he ever needs it...I can see him tinkering out here for hours, with Tucker at his side, of course :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is adjusting to the time change!

No comments:

Post a Comment