Last weekend Kyle and I were at a friends house watching some college football. (Kyle is in a fantasy football league). I know little to nothing about college, after spending the last 6 years of my life trying to understand and get down the NFL. All of a sudden we are watching college. Anyway.
I was talking to a friend on the couch and he was telling me some story. All of a sudden, I said, "Oh OOFDA." I immediately started blushing. I knew the instant it was out of my mouth I was going to be made fun of for the rest of the day, heck, year. I looked back at my friend and he had the most quizical look on his fast, more or less asking me "What in the world did you just say?" I was dying of laughter and Kyle was dying of embarrasment that I actually said that. I finally get enough courage to look at the rest of the room (full of our friends) and they all have the same look on their face,
"What in the heck did you just say?!"
So I had to explain my Minnosotan word to them. Oofda. The rest of the day I was known as oofda. I get texts from friends using oofda, and I reply back like nothing. Then it hits me...they are making fun of me!
So, if you ever want to make a Texan speechless (which doesn't happen frequently) say oofda in a casual converstation with them.
Enjoy your weekend! Hopefully I keep my "oofdas" on the down low this weekend ;)
"Darn Tootin!" HAHA! Makes me think of my visit.
ReplyDeleteI think I ended up saying that at the end of the night as well...haha. Oh goodness. Miss you!!!
ReplyDelete