Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chama Gaucha

That's where Kyle took me to dinner for our anniversary...Chama Gaucha. Don't know how to pronounce it? (Don't worry...I didn't either!) It is pronounced Ka-ma Goo-cha. It's Brazilian...because Chama Gaucha is a Brazilian Steakhouse!


I have always wanted to try a Brazilian Steakhouse...there are a few in the city here and they have perked my interest ever since I noticed them. Now of course they are out of our normal "let's go grab a quick cheap meal" price range, but it was excellent for our anniversary. The inside was gorgeous. There was actually space inbetween the tables to give privacy. They had an excellent wine selection, with many delicious brands for half the price they normally would be.

Let me explain how a Brazilian Steakhouse works. We sat down with 2 red "Chama Gaucha cards" on the table. The waitor explained that we can help ourself to the salad bar (the most fancy salad bar I've ever seen!) and when we where through, flip the cards over to the green side and the main meal will come. So after we grabbed some (9 month aged amazing parmesean cheese to go with our wine) and salad, we flipped the cards. Immediately waitors with huge skewers of meat came around offereing us some meat. Some of the meat we tried was file minion, top sirloin, prime rib, chicken, parmesean crusted pork chops, the house special meat (I forget what it was called but it was delicious!) and some others. We were amazed at the variety of the meat and that they all tasted fabulous. Of course I couldn't eat all of that, but I did try a bite of each at least. To compliment the meat they served a side of potatos, fried bananas, some other fried pan, and little parmesean cheese puffs that were to die for. (Kyle said they tasted exactly like the ones he had in Brazil!)

So after all that food, we were stuffed. But not too stuffed to share our desert. (Only on our anniversary we splurge for desert) So we topped it all off with Papaya Ice Cream. It was nice and light; the perfect desert to an amazing meal.


Kyle did a wonderful job picking the place to eat, and I get to cross off "try a brazilian steakhouse" off my to-do list!
Here's to another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment