Today is my little sister's Last First Day of High School. Do you remember yours? I do...and I can't believe it is my little sisters turn now! It seems like just yesterday we were playing in the living room, having her tattle on me for some reason or another (it was quite common).
But, in all my years of sports and school functions, plays and other extra curicular activities, Ashley was always there for me. I know she didn't have a choice, really, but she was there. She sat through endless volleyball games, plays and what not, and now I am sad I can't be there for her during her most exciting year of high school.
Her passion is volleyball and I wish with all my heart I could see her play her senior year, and hopefully I can make it work. But I realize that some things are simply out of my hands; I wish her the BEST Senior Year ever. Mine was a blast, and I hope she has the same!
Here's to you, Ash...hope its a good one!

No comments:
Post a Comment