Monday, December 17, 2012

Houston Texans Game

On Sunday some people through Kyle's work invited us to go to a Houston Texans game. They were playing the Indianapolis Colts, and it was on a Sunday...so Kyle and agreed!

This was no regular NFL experience, though. We were spoiled!

They picked us up in our city, and drove us to Houston. In a bus. A TOUR bus. Have you heard of the Josh Abbott Band? Yeah...their tour bus. It was crazy awesome/fun!
The tour bus! They picked us up in the Whataburger parking lot. Classy, right!?
 
Kyle chillin' on the bus, with Josh Abbott band cup and all!

 The Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play, was amazing! A very neat stadium. Thankfully it has a retractable roof because it was raining part of the time.I think they said it can fit roughly 70,000 people. This made me super excited to see what the Vikings will build in MN!

Kyle and I outside the front of the stadium. The Astrodome was located right next to it and it was dwarfed beside this stadium!
It was an exciting game, with a lot of action happening with both teams. There really never was a dull moment...even at halftime. They presented a family whose dad was stationed overseas with team jerseys. Then they brought out another gift...on a trailer in a huge wrapped box. They lifted it up and the DAD was there, in uniform. I was so excited/full of emotions I didn't even think to grab my camera and take a picture. If you get emotional when they show them on TV, you have NO idea what it was like in person! I still get goosebumps thinking about the look on the children's faces, especially in light of recent events.

Here is the group of people that went with from Kyle's work. Such good times!

 
 I am super happy I got to cross another "Texas Bucket List" item off the list! Houston Texan game; check. Now I just want to go back to Houston and explore the rest of the city!


Kyle and I at the Houston Texans game, Dec 16



No comments:

Post a Comment