Monday, September 17, 2012

College Station

College Station is a town in Texas roughly 3 hours Northeast of San Antonio. It is home to one of the largest and most well-known colleges in Texas; Texas A&M University. More commonly known as the A&M Aggies. Home of the 12th Man. Huge agriculture and military influence, the college has many long-standing traditions. They have the midnight yell; students literally meet in the football stadium and practice chants and yells for football games.

Anyways, this past weekend I had the chance to visit College Station with some friends that had went to school there. It was kind of mini-reunion for these friends so I kind of stood out a bit, but it was still fun and neat to see the campus and finally see everything in person (that I hear SO much about). Kyle wasn't able to make the trip with us, but it was still fun. I have a feeling we will be going back sometime ;)

Kyle Field; the football stadium. It was AWESOME. It was even more cool to see the entire stadium participate in cheers and be in total unison.

Tailgating. It was slightly odd to me; everyone pulled up a chair and watched the game on the TV outside. Everyone had a flat screen rigged up somehow to watch the game  in shorts, tshirts, dress, tank tops and flip flops. I think that was the most odd to me- no one was searching for buildings to get warm.

Part of campus. There are certain areas you cannot walk on the grass out of respect to our military. Other areas you are required to remove your hats.

The main road coming into campus. It really is a beautiful campus.

Mat is the official Aggie and was my tour guide for the weekend. He told me so much about the campus and school!
So far my tour of Texas Universities is going well! I have UT and A&M under my belt. Next is Baylor and Texas State! (I've been living too long in the south. That was a joke and only after typing it I realized how "Texas" that sounded!)

No comments:

Post a Comment