Thursday, September 20, 2012

3 Years

On Wednesday, September 19, Kyle and I celebrated our third anniversary. In a way, I can't believe it's been 3 years already- it seems like just yesterday we were standing up at the alter in church with sweat dripping down because Mother Nature decided to have a freakishly hot day for mid September. But then again, it feels like I have been with Kyle my entire life. Want to know something scary...I almost have! This anniversary also marked our 9.5 years of dating. Holy cow!

We have started a tradition. Snap a picture, go out to eat at a place we have never been before, somewhere that is out of the norm for us. (When I say out of the norm I mean a splurge in price, mostly...haha). Another tradition is Kyle picks. He is in charge of finding a place and picking a time. I have to say, he has not disappointed me yet :)

This place was very cool because only locals know about it. You could drive past it 18 times and not realize it. It is a well hidden gem that I LOVED.

This year he chose the Huisache Grill and Wine Bar. It was excellent! Kyle ordered the Seattle-Style Salmon and I ordered the Quail and Duck combo meal. It was all ah-mazing. Of course we complimented the meal with a bottle of wine, and the ONLY time I allow myself to get dessert in a restaurant is on our anniversary. Kyle let me pick this, so I chose Crème brûlée. Kyle had never had it before but now he is a HUGE fan. I have to admit, it can be a gamble ordering this because so many people have so many different variations of it, but it was EXCELLENT.


I am still crazy about this man I married, and I think being down here, where we are, has only strengthened our relationship. It has helped us rely on no one else but each other, and that is something we can never forget. If next year is anything as fun, adventurous, and amazing as this year was, I can't wait. :)



Mr. & Mrs. Bruns 3 Years later.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment