Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Twins Game!

Finally, after two years, Kyle and I managed to get to Dallas to watch the Twins play the Rangers at the Ballpark in Arlington. I wanted to go ever since I saw the move The Rookie. I thought it looked like an awesome ballpark at the time (of course at the time the new Target Field was not yet built).

Anyway, they were playing the Rangers on a weekend (one that we had NO plans) and they were all 3 night games. SCORE. Dan, Kyle, and I planned to go to this game way back in February when I first looked at the schedule. In the end, the total combined 9 hours of driving were totally worth it. TOTALLY.

We got to Dallas around noon the day of the game, and after wasting a little time and checking into the hotel, we ventured to the stadium to buy tickets and watch warm-ups.

Kyle and I in front of the stadium.
There was a threat of a thunderstorm, but it ended up working in our favor. It never rained, but the sun was behind clouds and the temperature fell to around 80ยบ. It was a beautiful night for an outdoor baseball game.

Here are some shots around the stadium. Recognize any from the movie? I remember those arches!




Dan is a seasoned Twins away-game traveler. He used to work for the airline so he would hop on a plane and travel to wherever the Twins were playing. He took us down to where the Twins were warming up and having batting practice. I stood right by the Twins dugout, hoping to catch some up-close glimpse of my favorite players. It just so happened that Joe Mauer was going into the dugout with a ball in his hand. He stopped, looked at the mob of Twins fans screaming at him, and for some reason, picked me. He threw me his ball! Not wanting to spill my beer, I caught it LEFT HANDED. If any of you know me at all, I have issues when it comes to catching things. Major issues. I was so happy I caught it, and the boys were so stunned that I actually caught it, they were more in shock than I was! I didn't let go of that ball for probably 5 minutes.

See the death grip I am giving the ball!? The ball is an official MLB ball and will be going in a ball case. ;)

We ended up with Club Seats, so we never had to leave our seats (unless nature called). The waitress came around and took our order whenever we wanted something and it always showed up with in minutes. It was super handy (and slightly dangerous to our CC). It was totally worth it.

View from our seats.
Even in the midst of all 47,000 people at the game, we managed to run into the only other person from NDSU that was at the game. One of Kyle's friends he had graduated with is now working in Lubbock, TX and was at the game. We literally ran into him finding our seats. After the game we had a great time hanging out and catching up.

The trip to Dallas was a success. Next year the Houston Astros will be joining the American League so I think a trip to Houston will be in the works....





No comments:

Post a Comment