Over the weekend Kyle, myself, and two friends went camping on Lake Fayette. It was about a 2 hour drive from our house, located in between San Antonio and Houston. As most of you know, Kyle is not the most keen on camping (no shower, sleeping on the ground, etc). Even though it was "roughing" it for the weekend, we all made the best of the situation and had a blast!
We shared a tent with the other couple we were with, which was probably a good thing. Because it was COLD on Friday. Like, got into the 40s at night cold. And then it was raining, too. ALL weekend. I think it maybe stopped raining for 2 hours the entire weekend. So Kyle and I have some excellent rain gear, tested and mother nature approved :)
We also got in some fishing. Bass fishing, to be exact. It was my first time every fishing for bass and I must say, I did great! I got 5 fish in 2 hours, and in total our group caught 10 fish in 2 hours.
Even though the weather wasn't 100% cooperating, we still had a blast and I am sure we will be going again sometime soon. Even though the rain wasn't ideal for our trip, I am still happy we got some. Any rain to help fill up the rivers and lakes is more than welcome...that will ensure for a very fun summer :)
 |
| Our campsite. The frist tent we slept in and the blue top tent was where all our food/supplies were. I know you're jealous. |
 |
| Kyle and I on the boat with our rain gear and multiple layers. I know you are jealous...again. |
 |
| One of my 5 bass fish I caught! |
 |
| Me and the other girl on the trip, Amanda. We are pretty much awesome. |
 |
| This beauty kept us warm at nights. This was one of the best fires I've had in a LONG time (thanks burn ban!) and I enjoyed multiple s'mores from it as well :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment