Monday, January 23, 2012

Still Here

I know it's been a while. We haven't been up to much. Two weeks ago (the last time I posted) Kyle was sick with THE cold that has been making it's way around to all 2 million residents of San Antonio. Then after a week of making him tea and sending him to bed at 8, I got the much dreaded cold. So the last two weeks have been low key, hot tea, and lots of needed sleep.

Over the weekend, as I was finally feeling more like myself, we made the short 11 minute drive up to our friends new house. (Way better than the old 45 minute drive!) We saw their new place, helped do a little painting and raking, and even helped them enjoy their first meal in the house...Pizza Hut! It was a gorgeous weekend hanging out in the 60/70 degree weather. So nice in fact that our [crazy] friend Dan jumped into the pool at our friends house. (I swear he was a fish in another life.) To give you an idea...pools are not heated down here. They rely soley on the sun. BUT, compared to up north, it was about the temperature of the lakes in the early fall. So it wasn't super cold, but chilly enough. Oh Dan.

We documented it.

Action shot...CANON BALL! January 21, 2012

Sunday before the football games we did some much needed yard work in shorts and a t-shirt. It felt more like Spring than the dead of Winter this weekend...but I'm not complaning!

Is everyone happy with the Super Bowl teams? We had one very upset friend that the 49ers choked in overtime, but overall they were some pretty good games!

Hope everyone is happy, healthy, and enjoying their winter as much as we are here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment