Hope you all had a great 4th of July! This year was quite different for me...Let me start from the beginning...
My friend, Amy Pedersen, came to visit! She was one of my suitemates freshman year at college, then I lived with her my last year in college and she was in my wedding as well! She had been to TX one time previously, to College Station (where TX A&M college is) and loved it, so we did a little more "real Texas" weekend rather than doing a majority of tourist-type things.
On Saturday I showed her my work (she sat in a $5000 chair even!) and we even found her some cowboy boots. Then we ventured up to the town of Greune and wandered through the shops and ate at the Gristmill. It was extremly hot in the afternoon, so the cool beverages on the patio helped cool us off. Afterwards we ventured downtown to the Riverwalk to show her the nightlife. We went to Pat O'Briends Piano Bar, had some margaritas at Iron Cactus, played some darts at Leapin' Lizard, ate at a Mexican Resturant, and ended the night with a late-night swim at our friends pool.

{Amy and I at Gruene, and us downtown at Leapin' Lizard. Can you tell it was HOT?!}
Sunday our friends had a pool party so we hang out in the sun and pool all day long. It was awesome. For supper we grilled trout...have you ever had grilled trout? It was amazing. Hands down some of the best fish I have ever tasted.
Monday, the 4th, we went to a town called Luckenbach. This is a town that will take A LOT more explanation than this post will allow for, so I will go into details on that town next post. Just keep in mind it was in middle of no-where Texas :)

It was an amazingly fun weekend, and a great time to hang out and catch up with Amy.
On Tuesday before I took her to the airport I took her to the Alamo and took the tour on the river of the riverwalk. I would post more pics, but Amy took most of them :)
We have been so blessed with so many friends and family coming to visit, I just have to say THANK YOU to all of you that have come down. It means a lot to Kyle and me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment