This past weekend three of my girlfriends hopped on a plane and flew down to spend the weekend down here in San Antonio. It was a BLAST! It was so nice to visit and laugh and talk with old friends. It made me miss the Fargo days, but we enjoyed the sunshine and activities that Texas brought us.
On Friday we went to Sea World. I am not sure what it is, bu

t there is nothing about that place that gets old. We went to 3 shows, one with beluga whales, dolphins, areial acrobats, and parots. Another had sea lions and one very large walrus. And the last one we went to had SHAMU! Killer whales are amazing and I get goosebumps everytime I see them. And of course, Jess and I had to check out the roller coasters!After Sea World we went to Cowboys Dancehall for some Professional Bull Riding and adult beverages. Jess got a new pair of boots (white ones), Ann and I already had a pair (the two red top ones) so it was fun to wear our cowboy boots to a real cowboy bar! It was very entertaining to watch people dance the two step, and dance it well! Ann was a little sad when no cowboy asked her to dance, though. Next time!
Saturday we took advantage of the weather (even though it was just as hot in Fargo...sorry girls!) and went to the lake. Jason had just brought his boat down and needed to get it out on the water, so we were more than happy to spend the afternoon floating in the water and soaking up some sun. Jason even introduced a new water sport...surfing! I never have heard of surfing behind a boat...Kyle, Jason, and Ann all gave it a shot. The boat only goes about 10mph, with a very short rope. The goal is to be able to 'surf' the wake without the rope. It was fun to watch!
We then enjoyed the Riverwalk. I knew taking them there would be fun, and it was a blast. We enjoyed some Mexican food and a pitcher of margaritas...although they might have just as well said it was a triple shot of tequila with a splash of lime! We also explored
Dick's Last Resort...if you haven't heard of it, you must check it out!

Sunday we ventured out to do some random things around the town. I introduced them to breakfast tacos, took them to the Alamo (see last post), and also showed them some of my favorite shops. We enjoyed some TX BBQ that night as well. It was a lazy day compared to the two previous! Monday I was in denial that they were leaving, but we met Kyle for lunch so they could have one last goodbye. I stopped by the Japanese Tea Gardens as well before taking them to the airport. The gardens are full of fish, plants, waterfalls, and beautiful stone work. With just enough time to spare, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed a slice of cheesecake. There, I fell in LOVE with the pumpkin cheescake. (Thank you, Jessica!) It was HEAVEN.
With a little time to wander the mall, it was then time to take them to the airport. I wanted to lock them in my car and drive off, but I knew that would not end well. I had so much fun seeing them, and I know Kyle enjoyed the company as well. It was hard to say goodbye, but I know I will be seeing them all again, sometime soon I hope!
p.s. I am still having trouble putting the coffee pot away. Every morning they made 2 pots of coffee...I don't think our coffee maker has seen that much action in the year that we have had it! I will never make coffee and NOT think of them! Miss you already, girls...I had a blast and hope you did as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment