Friday, September 27, 2013

St. Louis

A few weeks ago my little sister had a volleyball tournament in St. Louis, MO. Since my dad was headed south for a hunting trip, mom caught a ride to KS and from there we ventured over to St. Louis. The 4 hour drive reminded me A LOT of the drive from Fargo to the Cities...lots of highway and not much other than farmland to look at ;)

I can see Kyle and I venturing over to St. Louis for some weekends of exploring- seems like a very fun city! (lots of breweries, too) :) We went to the Arch, and I saw the place where my high school band class played- brought back lots of memories. I somehow conviced my mom to go up to the top of the arch as well; for future reference, it is not nearly as bad as it looks! Anyone can do it.

Here are a few snaps from the weekend. So nice to be able to be closer to family and to do things with them again! 7 hours is WAY better than 20!

Mom had never been to Red Robin before and since it was right across the street from our hotel, we had to go!   
Mom at the top of the arch!

Us at the base of the arch, standing at the same spot where my high school band played!

We visited a chocolate factory. It was very interesting AND delicious!

We kept getting reminded of the I Love Lucy episode where she keeps eating the chocolates off of the line....and kept giggling!

Watching the Beavers!

My lil sis- #10!

SO excited and happy that I finally got to see her and her team play! Can't wait for the next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment