On Monday night I experienced cruel and unusual punishment. Ok, not exactly, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would do what we did. And we did it.
We had 6 cubic yards of mulch delivered to our house. We then carried it back to the backyard, a wheelbarrow load at a time, and then proceeded to spread the mulch along our property line. In 96º heat and 90-something humidity. Yes, we are insane.
This is how much mulch was delivered. It doesn't look like a lot, but that is why I had Tucker sit next to it. He looks TINY compared to that massive pile in our driveway.
Of course one load with our garbage can to the back confirmed our thoughts. We needed a wheelbarrow. So, off to Lowe's Kyle ran, and that is when I learned how to assemble a wheelbarrow.
 |
| I didn't even know they came diss-assembled! |
Here are a couple before/after pictures. What do you think, does the black mulch make it look better?
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| After |
And, of course, Tucker did his part to help. He sniffed the mulch here and there. Jumped from shade spot to shade spot, and found the coolest section of freshly laid black mulch to supervise us from. He literally runs this house.
And, to accent the fresh black mulch, my flowers are blooming! Seems like everyday a new one opens!
 |
| Hibiscus. |
My car has finally read 100º a few times which confirms that summer is here officially. How is YOUR summer going? Hopefully no labor-intensive yard work in 90-something degree heat!
No comments:
Post a Comment