Monday, May 20, 2013

Book Club!

Have I told you that I am in a book club? I guess it could be argued that it is a wine club, but we do actually read books!

Here are the ladies that are in it with me. So glad they invited me! (Anyone who knows me knows I love to read...and have an occasional glass of wine!)

All the ladies of Book Club!
This was the only time all of us were present. We usually meet up at an outdoor venue (providing its not too cold or sweltering hot) or we go to a place called the Bubble Room. Full of yummy tapas, champagne, and/or wine.

Here we are celebrating one of the book club members getting engaged with a glass of bubbly!

Cheers to the Bride to Be!
Don't get me wrong, we DO actually read (some of us). So far since I joined here are the books we've read:  

Lean In; It was a good book, but I didn't agree 100% with it. Overall it was very inspirational, especially if you are looking for that extra boost in your career.

Sharp Objects; It was a light-easy read with suspense keep-you-turning-the-page kinda book. They had read a book by the same author (Gillian Flynn) last year so I will probably look up that book as well.


Thorn Birds; apparently this is an oldie and a classic, and somehow someone suggested it. I was glad to read it, though, it offered such a different view in time and place. I've never read a book that takes place in Australia, so that was very refreshing. It was long and a bit slow in places, but overall a classic and a must read!

I've also read a few other books during this time, but I won't get too detailed about that. I still want you to think that I lead a very exciting life down here ;)

Hope summer is finding everyone (I know it is here...in the triple digits!) Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment