Saturday, February 23, 2013

V Date

I know valentines is WAY past, but I still thought I would share with you how we "celebrated." Kyle and I usually do not do your normal flowers and chocolate on valentines. Something about "overpriced flowers that die right away and chocolate that my hips don't need" usually play a part. Instead, we try and do something during the month that is special in its own way. Last year he took me to the rodeo and bought me my first pair of diamond earrings. It will be hard to top this years activity, though....

Helicopter ride. In Hawaii.

BOOM.

We took a 2.5 hour ride over the island in a helicopter. I realized that I get motion sick and thankfully Kyle was nice enough to give me his air vent the entire time. :) True love!

Check out some pictures!

Kyle and I right before we took off. It is such a different feeling than an airplane! I had a window seat so I took lots of pictures!

We flew over an active volcano. See any red hot lava? We actually got to see if flowing! We also learned this volcano alone has added 600 acres to the island. There are 5 total on the Big Island, but only 2 are active.

The steam is where the flowing lava is hitting the water. See how the lava is changing the color of the water? So neat!

Such a cool feeling to be this close to clouds, without the turbulence airplanes get from clouds!

Another helicopter giving a tour that I captured with my double rainbow!

The coastline was gorgeous.

That was our resort...a little green oasis in the middle of lava rock. It was dark and looked like a plowed field up north but the rock was SO sharp you could NOT walk on it.

The end of the ride. I was SO numb. In this picture, I couldn't make a fist and could barley stand. I LOVED the ride, but was glad to be back on solid ground. 


It was a great activity that Kyle and I did together. I will always remember it! P.S. I HIGHLY recommend taking a helicopter tour at least once in your life. So different and unique!

Aloha!


No comments:

Post a Comment