Monday, April 9, 2012

Willkommen nach Deutschland!

Don't know German? In case not, the title says "Welcome to Germany!" That is where Kyle and I have been hiding out for the past week or so. Sorry I didn't warn you, but I wanted it to be a surprise. Surprised??

We flew out on Saturday, March 30 and landed in Munich, Germany that Sunday, April 1 at 8am. We hit the ground running and did not stop once all week long. It was great seeing our friend, Max, and his family. Kyle had visited him once  before but it was my first time in the country and I was not disappointed. At all. Not only was his family more than generous and accommodation, Max made for a very fun and interesting tour guide. I laughed a lot and saw a lot of sites. I won't get into too many details, but I will share a few pictures. I took more than enough!

The first day we toured Bamberg, the city where Max's family works. We also visited 3 castles built by the late Bavarian King, King Ludwig II. We saw other "residences" (palaces more or less) and other cool local places. Max took us to the best food around - German AND Italian. I really did enjoy myself. Between the sites, the wine and the beer (such good German beer!) and the people- I had SO MUCH FUN. Minus the 10+ hour plane ride, everything else was perfect :)

This is the first thing we did after getting off the plane.  We visited the Haufbrau house and had white sausage and a liter of beer for breakfast. This also gives you a good indication of what we did the whole week :)

Standing in front of the "upper bridge" in Bamberg.

Once of the 3 Ludwig Castles we visited. This is Neuschwanstein. It's known as the most beautiful castle in all of the world, and it is also the one the Walt Disney based his Magic Kingdom castle off of.

Max and Kyle at another one of Ludwigs castles. Yes, that is snow int he background! Hanging out with him for a week made us realize how much we missed him! It had been 2 years already since the last time we saw each other.
This is only a sample of the pictures taken and things we did. I'll post more later about the castles, because they really were (are) spectacular. And the beer as well. And the food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment