It has officially been 3 days at my new job. In a way it doesn't seem like anything has changed. I don't miss my old job much, and I don't find myself thinking about it that much, either (is that a sign or what!?) Although I may do some freelance work for them on the side, I am 100% ready to dive into this job. I already feel more at home in my new cubicle in 3 short days more so than I did in my private office of 2 years.
So far I have met my amazing "team" that I will be working closely with. Three other ladies and our boss, so a total of 5 (two of whom are in their 20's as well!) At my last job, the closest person in age to me was the cleaning lady.
I am diving head-first into the medical world, something I never thought I would be doing. I have a feeling it is going to be a very interesting road.... Speaking of roads. My commute has doubled. If not tripled. Have I told you how horrible the drivers are here in San Antonio? I'm sure I have by this point. Well, when it rains, it gets worse. And not just a little bit. Like, a lot. My commute which should take 30 min now took my an HOUR this morning due to a little sprinkling on the road. No accidents, just traffic. I compare it to the first snowfall/blizzard of the season in MN. You know how crazy people drive at that time, right? Whenever it rains, that is how people drive. Its crazy!
Anyway. Enough about driving. Just a quick update to let you all know that I am loving my new job (minus the commute across the city)! I have a feeling this year will be a good one!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter filled with joyous hymns, lots of candy, family, and friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment