Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Day

On Thursday night, light rain fell, and froze. That was followed by a light dusting on snow.

Yup, that's right. I am still stuck with snow, even in South Texas! It turned out a little different than up north, though. Less than a 1/4 of an inch fell, and the city shut down. Literally. There were over 300 accidents reported by Friday AM. There were semi trucks, pick-ups, and cars left abandoned in the middle of the Interstate. Kyle's work had a 'snow day,' as did mine.

Credit cards were being used as ice scrapers. Laundry baskets and boogie boards were being used to go sledding. I saw pictures of people making 'snow men' that totalled about 12 inches in height. Crazy, right? I know it's hard for all the people up North to picture, but here are some visuals:
(I do need to clarify, there was a layer of ice under the dusting of snow, so that was a major part)


Here is what my yard looked like. See that white stuff in the grass? That is the snow. All of it was gone by 11 AM.
And (in my opinion) the best of all...the family that was trying to sled down the golf course hill in our backyard with boogie boards. I think the dad was more into it than the kids were!

Never thought I would say that I had a 'snow day' here in San Antonio; but never say never, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment